Follow in the footsteps of your musical heroes.
The Royal Academy of Music is dedicated to training the musicians of the future.
Since our foundation in 1822, we have been focused on musical excellence. Students perform and learn with our close-knit family of outstanding teaching staff and visiting professors, and our educational and industry partnerships are exceptional.
Our students represent the very best talent from over 60 countries. They go on to make important artistic waves, in every musical discipline and around the world.
We provide bespoke tuition for individuals across multiple formats and genres, producing flair, fluency and flexibility. That’s why Academy students and graduates win contracts with major international labels such as Deutsche Grammophon, Decca and Sony Music. And it’s why so many alumni, including Simon Rattle, Elton John, Katherine Jenkins and Annie Lennox, have become household names.
In 2018, the Academy was awarded a Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Gold standard and a Higher Education Statistics Agency survey found that 97.6% of Academy undergraduates who responded went onto further study or work, within six months of graduating.
But what really sets us apart can’t be represented in a graph or summarised in a table. It’s the nearly 200 years of history. It’s the marrying of tradition and innovation. It’s the friendly buzz of the place. It’s the dedication, drive and discipline that seem almost contagious. It’s the unshakeable belief that what our students do here will make a difference.
At the Royal Academy of Music, you’ll learn how to forge your own path in an ever-changing creative world. Whatever your musical aspirations, we will help you make them a reality.
In the menu to the left, you’ll find more information about life at the Academy, with everything from pictures of our practice rooms to information about performance opportunities and artist development.
Join us and unleash your musical potential.
If you're applying from the EU, read our statement on Brexit here.
12 reasons to study at the Academy
- Learn from the masters – experience inspiring one-to-one tuition with the world’s finest teachers
- Hone your performance skills – our students take part in around 500 events every year
- Work with your musical heroes – we have an illustrious roster of visiting professors
- Live in the heart of London, one of the most vibrant, creative cities in the world
- Raise your musical game by working alongside outstanding peers from over 50 countries
- Earn an internationally respected degree awarded by the Academy and the University of London
- Showcase your talent with cutting-edge technology and in our world-class performance spaces
- Be inspired by different genres – classical, jazz, opera, musical theatre, historical and all forms of new music
- Prepare physically and mentally for a career at the top of an ever-expanding music profession
- Develop professional skills that will help you thrive in today’s musical world and build your audience
- Make lifelong friends and professional contacts from around the world
- Collaborate internationally with many leading institutions including The Juilliard School