We are proud to welcome some of the world’s finest artists to work with our students on masterclasses and performance projects.
Regular guest conductors of the Academy's performing ensembles include Semyon Bychkov, Sir Mark Elder, Barbara Hannigan, Edward Gardner, Trevor Pinnock and Alice Farnham.
Across all departments at the Academy, masterclasses and workshops are delivered by artists at the top of their profession, providing our students with inspirational learning opportunities. Over the last year we have enjoyed visits from Imelda Staunton, Sheku Kanneh-Mason, Ingrid Jensen, the BBC Singers and Susan Bullock, among many others.
Our Creative Partners
A world of music comes to us, and we send music back out into the world. Some of our creative partners include:
- Hans Abrahamsen Oliver Knussen Chair of Composition
- Lorenza Borrani Visiting Professor of Chamber Orchestras
- Semyon Bychkov Klemperer Chair of Conducting
- Sir Mark Elder CH CBE Sir John Barbirolli Chair of Conducting
- Edward Gardner OBE Sir Charles Mackerras Chair of Conducting
- Barbara Hannigan Reinbert de Leeuw Professor of Music
- Anthony Marwood MBE and Lawrence Power William Lawes Chairs of Chamber Music
- Sheku Kanneh-Mason MBE Menuhin Professor of Performance Mentoring
- Trevor Pinnock CBE Principal Conductor, Academy Chamber Orchestra
- Rachel Podger Micaela Comberti Chair of Baroque Violin
- Nikolaj Szeps-Znaider Viotti Visiting Professor of Music
- Christian Thielemann Carl Maria von Weber Visiting Professor of Conducting
- Ryan Wigglesworth Richard Rodney Bennett Professor of Music
- John Wilson Henry Wood Chair of Conducting
- Czech Philharmonic Educational partner
- Riot Ensemble Ensemble in Residence
- Septura Brass Ensemble in Residence
- Wigmore Hall
Below you can watch our most recent Academy Symphony Orchestra concert with Semyon Bychkov, and a vocal masterclass led by world-renowned mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato with our Royal Academy Opera students.
Semyon Bychkov conducts the Academy Symphony Orchestra
'I never imagined I would meet my heroes, let alone work with them.'Desmonda Cathabel, MA
Joyce DiDonato Masterclass - Royal Academy Opera
'Having the opportunity to work with world-renowned conductors is a privilege. Long days of rehearsal are always worth it and it’s hard not to leave a session with Ed Gardner or Semyon Bychkov feeling inspired.’Jess- ASO