We are proud to announce the Sir Elton John Global Exchange Programme which will promote global mobility and international collaboration.
In addition, we have academic exchange agreements with the Mannheim Hochschule für Musik, Sydney Conservatorium, and (for undergraduate jazz) the University of Miami.
How to apply
For participation in the Sir Elton John Global Exchange Programme, please speak to your Head of Department or our International Officer Sarah Low during the autumn or spring terms.
An application form for outgoing exchanges to the following institutions is available in the Registry fileshare area of the Academy's Intranet.
- Sydney Conservatorium: see application information from the University of Sydney. Nominations by 15 April, application deadline 30 April (July enrolment).
- Mannheim Hochschule für Musik information PDF. Deadline for receipt of approved applications: 1 May.
- University of Miami: please speak to the Head of Jazz. Nominations by 1 March, application deadline 1 April.
Tuition fees for outgoing Academy BMus students
If you are going abroad for part of a year, you will pay your normal full tuition fees to the Academy for that year.
However you will only pay around 15% of the full fee (that will currently be £1,385) if:
- you are going abroad for a full year as a part of your undergraduate degree programme, and
- you pay home (UK) tuition fees and are eligible for student support from the UK government (a tuition fee loan).
Tuition fee loans are available to eligible students to cover these fees, and you may also be eligible for UK government maintenance grants and loans, based on the standard eligibility criteria. Details of the different kinds of funding provided by Student Finance England for outgoing exchange and study abroad students can be found in this study abroad fact sheet.
The reduced fees do not apply if you are an undergraduate student who pays international fees, or you are not eligible for a Student Finance tuition fee loan, or if you are a postgraduate student.