A message from Professor Jonathan Freeman-Attwood, Principal:
I warmly invite you to experience this wonderful place, whether as prospective student, visitor or supporter.
The Royal Academy of Music is an institution of world renown, training nearly 700 students from over 50 countries in over 20 musical disciplines. We hope our website provides a glimpse of our collective mission, character, and values — as well as imparting the special atmosphere that springs from our cosmopolitan and confident outlook.
Have a look at what we do, the quality of the concerts, the teachers, the visiting artists and the types of events we put on. Listen to some of our recordings from our highly-acclaimed CD catalogue.
As Britain’s oldest conservatoire, we are inspired by the past but committed to shaping contemporary musical life with discernment and open-mindedness. If you want to experience the special liveliness and friendliness of the Academy, why not:
- drop in for a concert, masterclass, research forum activity or any event (over 95% are free)
- attend an Open Day, talk to us about your interest in studying here and see whether we can help you to fulfil your potential and career ambitions
- audition and join our close-knit community of students
- see how you can support our work and become part of the family
- visit our free Museum full of remarkable instruments and famous collections
We welcome visitors from all walks of life to the Academy. I hope you’ll join us here.
Eleanor Carter and Tom Featherstonhaugh offered Oxbridge awards
Academy postgraduate Jonathon Heyward wins first prize at prestigious international competition
I write two weeks in to the new term. Fresher’s Week is firmly behind us, students are enrolled and are now getting down t...
After spending months meeting new partners and discussing and planning new projects, it’s time for many of those ideas to come to fruition. We have several new and exciting partnerships kicking off this term.