It’s a good idea to set up a British bank account when you arrive.

To open a UK account, you will need:

  • Your passport
  • Proof of your address in the UK, such as your accommodation contract
  • Proof that you’re a full-time student at the Academy.
    After you have completed enrolment, you can ask Registry for a letter that confirms this, using the ‘Request Form for Bank Letter’ available on the Academy's Intranet.

This letter must include your permanent overseas address and your term-time address in the UK, so please ensure that you give this information to Registry. They may also ask for proof of your address in your home country.

See UKCISA for more banking advice.