The Home Office permits Tier 4 and Student Visa students to work during their studies but state in their Policy Guidance:

'The main purpose of the visa route is for you to come to the UK to study. Where you are permitted to work, the intention is that this should be to supplement your income whilst studying (which in most cases we expect this to be taking a part-time role for an established business/organisation)..or as part of a work placement provided it is an integral and assessed part of your course.'

Some information for students on Tier 4 or Student Visas who wish to work during their studies, or who have bursary hours to use can be found below.

Work placements - Tier 4/Student Visa

Students with a Tier 4 or Student Visa are not permitted to undertake any work as an entertainer, including paid and unpaid performance work, unless it has been arranged through the Academy and is an assessed part of their course.

Information on how the Academy can facilitate external performance opportunities for these students can be found here: