The Academy collects and discloses student data as permitted or required by law to a range of external organisations, including the following:
- The Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA); further information about the uses for which HESA processes personal data can be found via the HESA Student Collection Notice
- Your contact details may also be passed to Ipsos Mori for the purpose of administering the National Student Survey (NSS)
- Statements of student status will be provided on request to Council Tax Registration Officers and Banks
- To the Student Loans Company (SLC)
- To the Office for Students (OfS)
- To UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
- To the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education (OIAHE) in the event of a student complaint
- To IFF Research for the administration of the Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey (DLHE). Further information about the use of student data for DLHE can be found via the HESA DLHE Collection Notice
To IFF Research for the administration of the Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Longitudinal survey (LDLHE). Further information about the use of student data for DLHE can be found via the HESA DLHE Collection Notice.
The Student Records Retention policy
The JISC guidance on managing student records recommends that institutions create and implement their own policy on the management and retention of student records. Please read our policy below.