Who can apply by video?
- The Academy will accept video performances instead of a live audition for most Principal Studies.
- However you are not normally eligible to apply by video if you live in Europe, or (except Musical Theatre candidates) if you live in North America or East Asia.
- The Academy does not accept video applications for Opera, Répétiteur, Choral Conducting, Advanced Diploma, CPD Diploma in Creative Music Leadership or Research degrees.
- Conducting (orchestral) candidates submit a pre-screening video but must attend a live audition if selected. Please see the guidance on the Conducting audition page.
- Composition candidates should consult the guidance on the Composition application page.
- If you are applying for transfer to year 2 or year 3 of the BMus programme, you will need to attend a live audition.
How to make your video application – DecisionDesk and UCAS Conservatoires
- You must complete a UCAS Conservatoires application (deadline for 2017 entry was 3rd October 2016, but late entries may be considered), selecting Recording as the audition method.
- Then you must contact email@example.com to request the video form, stating your UCAS Conservatoires ID number, your Principal Study (instrument) and your intended study programme (for example, MA).
- Your recording and video form must be uploaded into DecisionDesk by 1st November. Registration for a DecisionDesk account is free. Recordings uploaded without the video form will not be processed.
- Please note that if you audition by video recording, you will not normally be eligible for an entrance scholarship.
- Applications submitted in UCAS Conservatoires after 3rd October will incur the late application fee.
- Recordings uploaded to DecisionDesk after 1st November will only be processed at the discretion of the relevant Head of Faculty. The Academy application fee paid to UCAS Conservatoires will be refunded if the application is not processed.